Requirements for Minor

The Hydrology Section of the Department of Land, Air and Water Resources offers the minor in Hydrology for environmental or natural science students who have an interest in water/environmental issues. The interested student should have completed preparatory course work in calculus (Mathematics 16B), chemistry (Chemistry 2A; Chemistry 2B recommended), physics (Physics 5A), and biology (Biological Sciences 1A). Course work in the minor provides fundamental skills and knowledge of the hydrologic sciences. The program is sufficiently flexible for students to pursue particular water issues or problems of interest to them.

Hydrology 20-23
Hydrologic Science 103N or Engineering 103 4
Hydrologic Science 141 or Environmental and Resource Sciences 100 4
Hydrologic Science 144 4
Soil Science 107 5
Hydrologic Science 134, Chemistry 100, Soil Science 111, or Environmental Science and Policy 151 3-6
Graduate Study. See the Hydrologic Sciences Graduate Group.